ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Problem with JUnit's TestCase.getName change
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:10:49 GMT
Some of you may have seen Sam's post to general@jakarta or JUnit's
SourceForge forum.

The JUnit folks have removed the name() method from TestCase - they
introduced a getName method with the last release (in May 2001) and
had deprecated the name() method.  As two of our ResultFormatters call
name(), this lets us run into problems.

I see two options:

(1) replace the calls with getName() calls and say that Ant supports
JUnit 3.7 and above (and drop support for 3.0 - 3.6 with this move).

(2) use getName or name via reflection, whichever is available.

I'd prefer (2) but wanted to get your opinions/ideas before I
implement a quick fix.

Stefan