ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yesterday's changes to junit and Gump
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:50:13 GMT
On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I just seem to recall that the bootstrap left things clean so that
> the next call to build jakarta ant would rebuild everything.

The bootstrap scripts compile the classes twice, the first step uses
command line javac and classes compiled by this steps will be removed
after the process.  This step won't compile the JUnit task and support
classes BTW.

The second step is "the next call to build" - an invocation of Ant on
its own codebase, this one does not (well, didn't 8-) clean up the
classes directory and I'm not that sure that it should - passing
build.sysclasspath into this Ant invocation would give you the result
you need.

> I'll take a look into using ANT_OPTS, but I may choose to add
> support for $* (sh) or %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 (bat) instead.

I'd prefer the later.

Stefan