ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ant2] Tasks as siblings of <target>
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:53:51 GMT
should add my own opinion here.

On 19 Oct 2001, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> (1) Allow no tasks to be defined at the same level as <target>

+1

> (2) Allow all tasks to be defined at the same level as <target>

Sam intrigued me with his targetless build files, I still could live
with that. +0

> (3) Allow all tasks that implement a given marker interface to be
> defined at the same level as <target>s

Could live with that as well. +0

> (4) Keep it the way it is in Ant 1.4

-1, I don't want to see us adjusting the core everytime something new
comes around that could be useful outside of targets, although I don't
see what that could be.  <*def> in- and outside of targets will be the
same in the dynamic system of Ant2 anyway.

Stefan