ant-dev mailing list archives

From Holger Engels <heng...@mercatis.de>
Subject Re: dependset (fwd)
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 07:39:09 GMT
On 18 Oct 2001, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Holger Engels <hengels@mercatis.de> wrote:
>
> > I've done a basic implementation of a depset, that inherits
> > fileset.
>
> I think something similar has been underway, based on Ant's own stuff
> from the org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.depend package instead
> of BCEL.  Not sure of its current state, though.

I tried that, but it does not find all dependencies. You have to parse
the whole class file, to find out about the dependencies. Not only the
constant pool. The constant pool defines utf8 strings, that contain class
names. Not all utf8 strings are referenced by other entries in the
constant pool. Some are only referenced by the method infos and field
infos in the body of the class file.

holger