ant-dev mailing list archives

From Holger Engels <heng...@mercatis.de>
Subject Re: dependset (fwd)
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 14:44:13 GMT

I've done a basic implementation of a depset, that inherits fileset. The
name dependset is unfortunately already taken by a task ..

> o use BCEL framework for implementation
> o the only attribute is the start class, where to start searching
> o nested filesets specify, where to search for dependent classes

I noticed, that one fileset can only have one basedir. That means, that a
filset, based on several filesets is impossible. Though the actual
implementation does not understand nested filesets, but one dir. For
example:

<jar file="depend.jar">
  <depset dir="${build.classes}"
	  baseclass="${build.classes}/org/apache/tools/ant/types/DepSet.class"/>
</jar>

.. results in a jar with 73 classes in it.

I've copied a jar containing the new sources, the bcel.jar and a patch for
Zip.jar onto the wingS webserver. Get it from:

   http://www.wings.to.com/depset.jar

Holger Engels