ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject ant Project..getUserProperties() (fwd)
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 23:19:13 GMT
Hi list,

I've had a bit of a look in the archives with no success for this, but if
I should be looking somewhere, be happy to be told (o:

I'm one of the developers in XDoclet, and am trying to extract properties
from ant.  In one my execute method (well, a method called by the execute
method), I have the following code:

		Hashtable userProperties =
getOwningTarget().getProject().getUserProperties();
		Enumeration keys = userProperties.keys();
		while( keys.hasMoreElements() )
		{
			Object key = keys.nextElement();
			System.out.println( "[" + key + "=" +
userProperties.get( key ) + "]" );
		}

which I expect to see all the properties set using the <property>
task.  However, all I get is:

[ejbdoclet]
[ant.file=/export/home/dim/cvs/xdoclet/core/samples/script/build.xml]
[ejbdoclet] [ant.project.name=Test]
[ejbdoclet] [ant.version=Ant version 1.4 compiled on September 3 2001]

The build file is fairly normal, I have an init target with all the
properties which the ejbdoclet target (where this is executed) depends
on.  I see the init target go through in the output...

any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

cheers
dim