ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Test Failure - Ant
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2001 11:49:23 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> It seems the patch Sam just committed to Gump (see attachment) is the fix to
> this issue.
>
> Yes?

I'm quite confident that the problem is mine, but that patch didn't fix it
(it was committed before the run).

The problem that I am wresting with is how to ensure that the version of
Xalan2 I want to use is that one that I actually get when I switch to JDK
1.4 eventually.  Putting it into bootclasspath isn't apparently enough:

>      [java] #---- BEGIN Listing XML-related jars in: foundclasses.sun.boot.class.path
----
>      [java] xalan.jar-apparent.version=xalan.jar WARNING.present-unknown-version
>      [java] xalan.jar-path=/home/rubys/jakarta/xml-xalan/java/build/xalan.jar
>      [java] version.xalan2x=Xalan Java 2.2.D12
>      [java] version.xalan2_2=Xalan Java 2.2.D12
>      [java] #----- END writeEnvironmentReport: Useful properties found: -----
>
>      [java] # WARNING: Potential problems found in your environment!
>      [java] #    Check any 'ERROR' items above against the Xalan FAQs
>      [java] #    to correct potential problems with your classes/jars
>      [java] #    http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html
>
>     [junit] javax/xml/parsers/ParserConfigurationException
>     [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/parsers/ParserConfigurationException

Sorry about the false alarm.  Sometimes the build failure reports are my fault too.  ;-)

- Sam Ruby