ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant bootstrap.bat bootstrap.sh
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 06:43:57 GMT
Sam,

You say, bootstraps are not cleaning up, but there is certainly code in the
bootstrap.bat to do that.

if     "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" if exist %CLASSDIR%\nul rmdir/s/q %CLASSDIR%
if not "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" if exist %CLASSDIR%\nul deltree/y %CLASSDIR%

The equivalent code appears in bootstrap.sh as far as I can tell.

If you decide to keep your change, the above code should go as it blows away
the classes you just compiled :-)

The only concern I have is that your change will cause the very first code
run - i.e. this one
"%JAVA%" %ANT_OPTS% org.apache.tools.ant.Main -emacs bootstrap
will now be running from classes which potentially are being recompiled by
the compiler. It is unlikely to be the case but that was the original intent
of using a separate bootstrap classes area.

Any ideas why the cleanup code was not working?

Conor