ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Dawson <tdaw...@wamnet.com>
Subject RE: PROPOSAL: loading tasks from jars for Ant 1.5
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:54:23 GMT
I think the source of the confusion is this:
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/develop.html

It specifically shows defining a task outside a target.  It should be
updated to show the alternative of compiling and then defining the task.

Below is an exerpt from a build file that I use all the time. I just have to
make sure that this target is listed as a dependency of any target that is
going to use that task.

<target name="build-custom-tasks" depends="compile-source">
  <javac srcdir="source-tasks" destdir="classes-tasks">
    <classpath refid="class.path" />
  </javac>
  <taskdef name="translationcheck"
classname="com.wamnet.task.TranslationCheck">
    <classpath>
      <path refid="class.path" />
    </classpath>
  </taskdef>