ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Dawson <tdaw...@wamnet.com>
Subject RE: PROPOSAL: loading tasks from jars for Ant 1.5
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:41:36 GMT
I think this is cool... but it feels like a separate proposal to me.

The original proposal was the definition of a standard deployment strategy
for ant task libraries. I think that should stand on its own, and I will be
resubmitting the proposal based on the continued feedback.

The second proposal (outlined below) that covers automating the building and
documentation of ant task libraries, is by definition dependent on the first
being accepted and implemented.

Tim

http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/.
It can generate EJB and taglib descriptors from comments, and processes the
promised @todo well in advance of javadoc support.

Task 2: I hadn't thought of that, but yes, it is the way to do it.

Also I could envisage a better <antdtd> task which uses the descriptors,
especially if they provide more accurate information attrs and elements; and
a <antdoc> to generate the ant manual pages from javadocs or some
presentation independent format, using the tasklib descriptor as input into
the process.