ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Bohnet <RBoh...@efasoftware.com>
Subject propertyfile task causes delete task to fail ?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:28:59 GMT
I am not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior.  A property file
exists, and I use the task
propertyfile to edit it.  Later, if I want to delete it, I receive a failure
on the delete task.
If the property file doesn't exist, then it creates and deletes it
successfully.
Is this the expected behavior?

I have a sample build.xml to confirm what I am seeing.
If I remove the touch task and ensure there is no property file, all is
well.
But if 'foobar.properties' exists, it successfully edits it, but fails to
delete it.

I am using Ant 1.4.1, JDK 1.3 on WinNT.

Thanks

Ralph Bohnet
EFA Software Inc

----------------- build.xml --- Cut here -----------------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="Test PropertyFile" default="test" basedir=".">

  <target name="test" >

    <!-- Create the file -->
    <touch file="foobar.properties"/>

    <propertyfile file="foobar.properties">
      <entry key="db.url"  value="jdbc:odbc:polite"/>
    </propertyfile>
    <delete file="foobar.properties"/>
  </target>

</project>