ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject xml-apis was RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant build.xml
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:40:33 GMT

Seems to be an undercover project :-)
I'm a big supporter of it though, I'm tired of having 10 times dom, sax,
jaxp interfaces in my classpath and all the problems related to that.

> Is there a released version of that JAR?  IMHO Ant should only rely on
> released versions of something, so we can tell users where to look for
> newer versions.

We should probably ask Edwin(CC) for more info. The code in xml-commons is
the one that will be use for JDK 1.4, you can look at the log graph it has
all labels since JAXP 1.1

Edwin, is there a build for common that is planned one day or should we
always put Xalan to have the "latest" JAXP as specified in your FAQ
http://xml.apache.org/~edwingo/jaxp-faq.html#jaxp-ri

Stephane