ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bree_Van...@amsinc.com
Subject Re: Optional Task Submission: Jakarta-Tomcat 4.0 manager webapp tasks
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 16:10:55 GMT

Jose,

I'm definitely open to that suggestion. I modeled the Tomcat manager interface
after the existing wlrun and wlstop tasks. As I said, I'm open to changing the
interface, I just want to make sure it is in-line with other tasks of this
nature.

So to echo Jose's question; what do other people think?

-bree

|--------+------------------------->
|        |          "Jose Alberto  |
|        |          Fernandez"     |
|        |          <j_a_fernandez@|
|        |          yahoo.com>     |
|        |                         |
|        |          10/05/2001     |
|        |          10:45 AM       |
|        |          Please respond |
|        |          to ant-dev     |
|        |                         |
|--------+------------------------->
  |       To:     ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org                                   |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Bree Vanoss/AMS/AMSINC)                                |
  |       Subject:     Re: Optional Task Submission: Jakarta-Tomcat 4.0 manager|
  |       webapp tasks                                                         |

Hi Bree,

this tasks look great, however I wish that instead of having 7 different tasks
with extremely long names, we could have just one task with several possible
"commands". It is just a question of style for me, and I do not think it would
affect your code too much. So as an example, what I was thinking of was to have
something like:

<tomcat username="bree"
                    password="tomcat"
                    host="http://localhost"
                    port="8080" >
   <deploy   path="/${appname}"

warfile="D:\code\paddlenorthflorida\assemble\paddlenorthflorida.war"
   />
</tomcat>

other subcommands would be:

    <undeploy path="/${appname}" />

    <list/>

and so on.

Whether to allow multiple commands or just one, I really do not care much. My
only point is to advocate some form of subcathegory that can be used when
dealing with tasks with many functions.

What do people think?

Jose Alberto