ant-dev mailing list archives

From r...@mediumone.com
Subject Transforming/mapping filesets
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 16:14:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to create a fileset based on a mapping of
another fileset. I've run this by the ant-user list (with no response yet),
so I guess this would be something I'd have to develop myself. (?)

A scenario where this is useful:
I could create a fileset containing all the .foo source files in the current
directory. I could then create some sort of build process by which a target
file "asdf" is built from the "asdf.foo" source.

I would like to be able to have a "clean" target that deletes the target
files. I'd like to do something along the lines of the following:

<target name="clean">
<delete>
<fileset dir=".">
<fileset dir="." includes="*.foo"/>
<mapper type="glob" from="*.foo" to="*"/>
</fileset>
</delete>
</target>

That is, create a fileset that contains all the .foo files stripped of
their.foo extension, and use that in the "delete" task.

Is there a way to do this now? Is this a sensible feature?

TIA,

Ryan.