ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject 1.5 release timetable
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:48:09 GMT
There has been some question floating around about a 1.4.2 release of
Ant. I wasn't that keen on that and Stephane's code cleanup would make
the merge for any such beast pretty interesting :-). So I'd like to rule
out a 1.4.2 release at this time. (At least, I won't be doing it :-) ).
Only an absolute showstopper bug could make such a thing happen now.

This does raise the question however, what people think would be a good
timeframe for a 1.5 release. I don't think it is imminent as there are a
number of patches and experiments I wan't to explore before we go there,
as do other committers and developers, I'm sure. Conversely, I don't
think we want to leave a gap as big as 1.3->1.4

This might be considered a Long Term Plan according to
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html

Then again, we have never had a fixed timetable for previous releases
and that hasn't been a problem particularly.

Thoughts?

Conor