ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Problem with parallel mode
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:31:50 GMT
I'm copying this over to Ant-dev. Please follow up there

Quintus, Guenter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i am running ant 1.4 using the parallel tag.
> Weblogic is started in one branch, in the second some test cases are
> runned and there is also a stop method for the weblogic task.
> But if there is an error at testing ant will still stop the execution
> for branch 2 which is ok but weblogic is still running at branch 1.
> Is there a way to tell ant to stop every branch in case of an error?

There are a few issues here. Firstly, this would need to be configurable
I guess ("one dead - all dead" versus "dead thread does not affect other
threads"). The other issue is that Ant doesn't actually know how to
"stop" the Weblogic process.

We could explore allowing some tasks, particularly tasks based on
embedded <exec>'s to be terminated. In the case of <parallel>, it could
use Thread.interrupt() to break the waitFor() call in Execute. In that
case the InterruptedException catch should forcibly terminate the
process. The logic in <parallel> would need to be updated a bit too.

Thoughts anyone? I'll try this out this week sometime.

Conor