ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Creating Filesets based on file contents
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:17:14 GMT
Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> If I interpret this right, you create a fileset using
> includes and excludes and then apply a selector on the
> resultant set as a whole.

Well that was my idea, if Ant supported it. In fact in 1.4 I had to do:

<mycustomtask>
    <cvsfileset dir="..." mode="text">
        <include .../>
    </cvsfileset>
</mycustomtask>

where MyCustomTask.java includes a special add-method for 'cvsfileset' just
like 'fileset'. This works fine if you control the task.

> What I am suggesting is we
> do something of a much finer granularity:  We should be
> able to apply a selector at every include/exclude level
> like in: [snip]

That would work well too I think, although for some purposes (like mine) you
want the selector to apply to all includes without needing to duplicate it.

-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick        <mailto:jesse.glick@sun.com>