ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ant2] Tasks as siblings of <target>
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:25:43 GMT
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:16, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > Is Jose's approach of having an empty interface going to be
> > accepted?
>
> All I've seen so far are a number of "I could live with this"
> statements, but no strong support for either option.

The main hesitation on my part is that you want to identify badly setup build
files as early as possible - preferrably in the parser or some such. However
as the interface a class implements can only be tested for in the very bowels
of the implementation I am very hesitent to adopt it. I would prefer a
manifest entry or flag in type library descriptor or something like that if
this was the path we chose to go.

--
Cheers,

Pete