ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: http task
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:21:34 GMT
On 19 Oct 2001 20:30:20 -0000, "Gurdev S Parmar" <gsparmar@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ovidiu,
> Thanks for replying.
> I had a look at anteater. It doesn't do
> what I want to do. I want the capability to
> resubmit a form which came from a response to
> a request.

You can extract values from the XHTML page that was sent back using
the <xpath> task, and have that assigned to an Ant property. You can
later on pass that property in your request. Something like this:

<httpRequest href="/url1">
  <match>
    <xpath select="/html/body/p/link" property="newslink"/>
  </match>
</httpRequest>

<httpRequest href="/url2">
  <parameter name="param" value="${newslink}"/>
</httpRequest>

Regards,
Ovidiu