ant-dev mailing list archives

From Chris <ch...@ooc2000.com>
Subject Fwd: Antifying bash?
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2001 02:03:41 GMT
Hi all,

This might be slightly OT, but I was thinking of how neat it would be for the
Ant Community (I'm going to love saying that) to have an enhanced bash, or
other shell, that was smart enough to note that if the user is entering 'ant'
as their command, if that shell was then smart enough to whip through the
build.xml (or other build file if so specified), note all the tasks, and then
provide the same auto-complete features you otherwise get with file names.

Does anyone have even the foggiest notion of how much work it would be, or if
there's a speed bottleneck at parsing the build.xml file? (it's a small file
so there shouldn't be, but to fire up an XML parser, particularly one written
in Java, every time would probably be prohibitive.

Thanks,
Chris