ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Optional Task Submission: Jakarta-Tomcat 4.0 manager webapp tasks
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:47:33 GMT
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 05:03, Bree_Vanoss@amsinc.com wrote:
> I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean when you say "tomcat itself".
> The tasks are really just a fairly simple wrapper around existing Tomcat
> functionality. However, I thought it may be useful to some members of the
> ant community that are developing with Tomcat 4.x.
>
> An example that illustrates the basic idea is that a developer could enter
> the url http://localhost:8080/manager/list in a browser, enter a valid
> username and password when prompted by the browser and the list of deployed
> webapps would be displayed in the browser.
>
> I wanted to use this "manager" webapp functionality from ant so that I
> could compile, build a war, and then redeploy the webapp, from ant without
> having to bounce the server or enter a command in a browser. I didn't see
> an ant task that would allow me to access a password protected resource via
> http, so I created it myself.

I think what he is saying is - why don't you contribute it to the tomcat
project because they will probably want to have it ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

"The perfect way is only difficult for those who pick and choose.  Do not
like, do not dislike; all will then be clear.  Make a hairbreadth
difference and heaven and earth are set apart; if you want the truth to
stand clear before you, never be for or against." - Bruce Lee