ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: Faking New files in CVS
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2001 08:29:11 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 12:53:04PM +0100, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone remember what change does one need to do in CVS/Entries to make
> CVS believe that one has sucessfully done a "cvs add file.java"? I want to
> generate a patch containing a new file and CVS will not do it unless the file
> appears as added in the local CVS/Entry.
>
> I wish we had some "cvs localadd" and "cvs localremove" commands that we
> could use for generating patches.

If you're using *nix or Cygwin, there's a useful bunch of scripts here:

http://www.red-bean.com/cvsutils/

It includes a command 'cvsdo add <whatever>' which does what you want. Then you
can do 'cvs diff -RuN > foo.diff' to generate a diff which includes new files.

Other useful scripts:
 - 'cvsco' for removing all local changes.
 - 'cvschroot', for changing CVS/Root files. Eg changing from
   jakarta.apache.org to cvs.apache.org. I also use it for changing from
   'committer mode' (for doing 'cvs commit's) to anonymous (for doing 'cvs
   update's w/o password prompting).

ANON_CVSROOT=":pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic"
COMMIT_CVSROOT=":ext:jefft@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs"
alias chroot="cvschroot $ANON_CVSROOT"
alias commit="cvschroot $COMMIT_CVSROOT"
alias nocommit="cvschroot $ANON_CVSROOT"

--Jeff
(who apologises for the OT'ness, but hope it helps someone;)