ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: top level tags in ant vs. "init" task as an attribute of proj ect
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:51:03 GMT
On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 01:38, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
> I have a patch that tackles this issue by defining a new interface
> DeclaringTask. Task implementing this interface are allowed outside
> targets, and as the name indicates, they are allowed because they are use
> principally for declaring things like: propeties, tasks, datatypes, etc.

Thats similar to what I have played with in Ant2 context except I named the
interface SystemTask ;) It is also useful for differentiating between tasks
that you want executed even when your just tracing targets. (ie doing dry
runs you often want properties to be evaluated to make it easier to
understand).

--
Cheers,

Pete

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible
is to go beyond them into the impossible."
                             -Arthur C. Clarke