ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SUGGESTION
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:51:24 GMT
On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 02:09, Matthew Inger wrote:
> The <os family="..."> subelement of the <condition> task
> is very nice.  However, is there any way to set a variable
> to the os family?  (ie., is there maybe a ${os.family}
> pre-defined property)?

unfortunatley there is no such varaible - though we could possibly add one.

> In a lot of cases, you don't care what actual os you're
> on, but just what type of os, and you may want to keep
> this in a variable somewhere.
>
> the os family would also be useful in the exec command
> instead of having to have an exec for every different type
> of windows or unix operating system.
>
> <exec ... osfamily="windows" executable="test.bat" />
> <exec ... osfamily="unix"    executable="test.sh" />

Sounds like a good idea - wanna send a patch ? ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

The phrase "computer literate user" really means the person
has been hurt so many times that the scar tissue is thick
enough so he no longer feels the pain.
   -- Alan Cooper, The Inmates are Running the Asylum