ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: SUMMARY: loading tasks from jars for Ant 1.5 summary feedback
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:27:02 GMT
On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 08:17, Steve Loughran wrote:
> anyway, your point that this is in the main java manifest already is valid,
> and no, we dont need to duplicate what is in the jar manifest already, no
> matter how inelegantly it is done there.

Well thats part of his reasoning I think. However another part is that a lot
of standard are starting to use this and thus a lot of projects used by these
standards are starting to use this. This means that when we are working on
inter jar dependencies, the users will not have to use a ant specific
dependency mechanism (which may mean altering lots of thirs party jars) but
can use a standard format (which will work with many existing jars).

Why does everyone always overgeneralize?

View raw message