ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: top level tags in ant vs. "init" task as an attribute of proj ect
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:11:21 GMT
On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 00:58, Tim Dawson wrote:
> This, IMHO, makes it worth adding.  Especially (though I didn't illustrate
> this) when you have a bunch of out-of-target tasks that work, it gets
> really confusing as to why parts of compile would work but not others...

Well I disagree. I prefer to have one rule rather than two. So I would prefer
all dependencies to be explicit instead of their being two trees (an init
tree and a real tree). What happens when both init tree and real dependency
tree include same target? or when init tree fails? or ... Entirely too messy
in my mind.

> Alternately, we should just allow anything to appear at the root level,
> because that is the init task.  Ok, I'm being facetious - I wouldn't really
> want this, but it is a logical extension of the current position.

And a few people have wanted/suggested this in the past ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

"Reefers and roach clips and papers and rollers
Cocaine and procaine for twenty year molars
Reds and peyote to work out your bugs
These are a few of my favorite drugs."