ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: a task for generating manifest information
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:33:24 GMT
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 20:57, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> 10. I think this task is probably not necessary anyway. Although I
> neglected to document the fact (mea culpa), you can inline manifest
> creation in the jar task like this

I don't really care much about the implementation just the functionality. If
you are happy to move the stuff currently in jar task and make it accessible
outside then all is well. It is just that I need to generate manifests but
may not be using jar task or may need complex building that isn't appropriate
inside jar tasks.

> So, overall, I think there are enough problems to -1 this task. If you
> still want a manifest generating task, it should, for reuse reasons, be
> based on the Manifest class, IMHO. That class can be updated to make
> this easier if need be but it should be pretty much ready to slot in.

feel free to go for it ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete