ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SUMMARY: loading tasks from jars for Ant 1.5 summary feedback
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 07:51:22 GMT
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:18, Steve Loughran wrote:
> "3. Other things that should go in the descriptor
>
>     -minimum ant version supported

Minimum ant version supported may be implied by descriptor version. However I
think the dependencies are far more complex than just checking for a minimum
- not sure.

>     -home page of tasklib
>     -comment text

Not important in my mind. When/if we get a task doc standard together they
will go with that part.

>     -tasklib URI
>     -tasklib version

I consider these two to be a sideeffect of using Extensions mechanism and
thus available from the manifest. They should not need to be placed in
descriptor.

> The thing is, even if these things dont get paid attention to, once you
> define an xml manifest you are often stuck with it for ages and ages.

Not really ... XML is by definition eXtensible ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

First, we shape our tools, thereafter, they shape us.