ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Optional tasks
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:59:21 GMT
On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:43, Peter Donald wrote:
> > Should they be able to share them?
>
> -1 the contract of tasks is at XML/TaskModel level and we shouldn't need
> interaction *unless* you inherit from one. (ie extend zip to create war or
> similar). These however can just be considered an "external library". This
> means in a few rare cases we will load certain task classes in multiple
> ClassLoaders but as they can't interact with each other this should not be
> a problem.

Actually I may even change my mind here. I am not sure we should be adding
tasks via cross-tasklib inheritance at all - so even in this case I am not
sure there is a valid reason to share classloaders - not sure.

--
Cheers,

Pete

"If you don't know where you want to go, we'll make
sure you get taken."
Microsoft ad slogan, translated into Japanese.