ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject FileSet of 1 file?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:12:00 GMT
Hi,

I just had a discussion with someone about FileSet behaviour. Is there a
reason that FileSet does not allow specification of a single file. Something
like;

<fileset file="foo.txt" />

Currently you have to specify a directory of "." then include "foo.txt".
However this is not really possible when the file you are using is
userdefined. Mainly as you don't know what directory it is located in and
thus can't get at it as ant doesn't have a dirname task.

Would there be any objections to me adding such functionality?

--
Cheers,

Pete

"Therefore it can be said that victorious warriors
win first, and then go to battle, while defeated
warriors go to battle first, and then seek to win."
              - Sun Tzu, the Art Of War