ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5... loading tasks from jars?
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2001 04:32:11 GMT
On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 02:09, Tim Dawson wrote:
> Where we have a well-defined name for the resource, and its easy from there
> to grab third-party (or internally developed) jars and pull your tasks in
> with a minimum of pain. (and a maximum of readability and
> understandability)
>
> Now, knowing that "shortcuts" are generally dismissed out of hand around
> here, I thought I'd take this the next step forward and comment that this
> isn't just a shortcut, its a packaging standardization.  Not only would
> having a simple task make packaging and importing tasks easier, but having
> the well-defined name would also allow for automatic inclusion of tasks
> from jar files found in ANT_HOME/lib.

Nice feature but we can't really adopt anything till we work out how Ant2 is
going to work. We don't want to adopt something that we will not be
supporting in the future.

--
Cheers,

Pete

PROGRAM: n.  a magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn
one's input into error messages.  v.t.  to engage in a pastime similar
to banging one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for
reward.