ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Fw: problem with propertyfile task
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 22:17:42 GMT
How are ant-dev folks building Ant and running test cases?   I'm having some
environment issues in trying what Levi has provided.

Here's what I've got:

    - Win2k
    - c:\jakarta\jakarta-ant - this is where I've checked out the
ANT_14_BRANCH (is there a different branch I should be using?)
    - I've run 'build' successfully.
    - I get errors running 'ant' after running the build.

I'm sure my environment variables aren't correct.   How do you configure
your environment to actually run Ant from the "development environment"
(i.e. directory structure straight from CVS)?   Do you set ANT_HOME?  to
where?

Is this an RTFM and I'm just not reading the FM?  :)   If so, point me there
gently!

I could certainly just copy the resultant .jar files to my c:\ant directory,
but that is where I want to keep the release version 1.4 for primary usage,
but when I'm modifying the source I'd like to keep everything under my CVS
accessible directory.

Many thanks,
    Erik