ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How does JAXP Factory works?
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 00:38:35 GMT
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <sbailliez@apache.org>

I was refering to JDK versions. We have been discussion stop relying on the
CLASSPATH for ANT and use our own ClassLoader instead. But with
JAXP requiring the usage of ThreadContextClassLoader in order to be able to
access any classes, it will mean that any change in that direccion will require
JDK1.2 or later which is where ThreadContextClassLoader is defined.

> The version of JAXP shipped with Ant 1.4 is already using the context
> classloader and is the one that is bundled with crimson 1.1.1 bugfix
> release. (Dated from June 26).

The issue is not the use of the ContextClassLoader but the fact that the fallback
code (when CCL not set or not available -- JDK1.1) seems to me is wrong.
The code will only look on the System classloader, that means there is no chance
for the code to look in the same classloader as where JAXP was loaded.
Which is the only reasonable thing to do IMHO if CCL is not set.

Jose Alberto