ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Why is TaskdefsTest not in a normal ant build?
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 07:03:44 GMT
I was just adding a new task to ant outside the normal ant tree, and wanted
to add some tests to it.

Only I can't, because the class ant.taskdefs.TaskdefsTest isnt in ant.jar,
it is only accessible with the source in the test subtree.

If TaskdefsTest.java were moved over to the main source branch, it would
seem that the tests would still run, but people extending ant would still be
able to write Junit tests for their tasks without having to add their source
to the normal ant tree.

Are there any adverse consequences to such a move?

-steve