ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Ant2] Tasks as siblings of <target>
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:00:20 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > However before we edecide on this we first need to discuss scoping
> > of properties because this will have a direct impact on our
> > structure.
>
> True, we can try that in parallel ...

Although I do not a problem with discussing scoping in parallel, I see no need to mix
this two issues. <property> is not the only thing that can be declared
outside targets today. As ANT gets wider use, others will appear.

The success and flexibility of any artificial language (and ANT is a language) depends on
the
orthogonality of the concepts it has, the least special cases the best. We need to apply
well knows language design principles to ANT.

Jose Alberto