ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Problem with JUnit's TestCase.getName change
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:22:22 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 07:59
Subject: Re: Problem with JUnit's TestCase.getName change

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Ingmar Stein <stein@xtramind.com> wrote:
>
> > But for 1.5 or even 2.0, I would not choose the slow reflection,
> > instead use the getName() method.
>
> I agree for Ant2, and could be convinced for Ant 1.5 ;-)

ok, here is another argument for moving to junit3.7 in ant 1.5:

-the assert() call in junit <3.7 doesnt work in java1.4 with assert in the
languag enabled, you have to use TestCase.assertTrue() instead. Which means
for ant to build under java1.4 with source=1.4  we would need to migrate all
junit tests which use the old assert() method to the new one.

And here are the counterpoints
 -we dont need to build ant with java1.4 asserts turned on, cos we cant put
them in the source anyway
 -what if someone needs to use an older version of ant?

Steve

ps: why do Junit keep changing their methods all the time?