ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Optional Task Submission: Jakarta-Tomcat 4.0 manager webapp tasks
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 15:45:45 GMT
Hi Bree,

this tasks look great, however I wish that instead of having 7 different tasks with extremely
long names, we could have just one task with several possible "commands". It is just a question
of style for me, and I do not think it would affect your code too much. So as an example,
what I was thinking of was to have something like:

<tomcat username="bree"
                    password="tomcat"
                    host="http://localhost"
                    port="8080" >
   <deploy   path="/${appname}"
                    warfile="D:\code\paddlenorthflorida\assemble\paddlenorthflorida.war"
   />
</tomcat>

other subcommands would be:

    <undeploy path="/${appname}" />

    <list/>

and so on.

Whether to allow multiple commands or just one, I really do not care much. My only point is
to advocate some form of subcathegory that can be used when dealing with tasks with many functions.

What do people think?

Jose Alberto