ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Why is TaskdefsTest not in a normal ant build?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:58:45 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 1:38 AM
Subject: Re: Why is TaskdefsTest not in a normal ant build?

> On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
>
> > Only I can't, because the class ant.taskdefs.TaskdefsTest isnt in
> > ant.jar, it is only accessible with the source in the test subtree.
>
> No testcase code is part of ant.jar (and it shouldn't be IMHO).

I agree that there is no need to include the actual testcases in the jar,
but TaskdefsTest is the base class from which testcases are derived. Which
means it is barely possible for 3rd party task libraries to write test cases
outside of the ant source tree.

> Why don't you just add build/testcases to the classpath of the <javac>
> and <junit> tasks that compile and run your test?

I am.

But it requires source access to the whole ant test case framework just to
add a new test. If we let people write tasks with nothing more than ant.jar,
why dont we let them test them that way/

-steve