ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <>
Subject Re: How does JAXP Factory works?
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:41:35 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <>

> I guess this means it is definetly for 1.2+ only. So, how do we feel about

1.2+ of what ? JAXP ?

The version of JAXP shipped with Ant 1.4 is already using the context
classloader and is the one that is bundled with crimson 1.1.1 bugfix
release. (Dated from June 26).

jaxp.jar and crimson.jar in Ant 1.4 are not the official JAXP 1.1 release
but a bugfix release.

If you want to differentiate JAXP version at a glance, just check the jar if
there is class called javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder, it does not exists in
JAXP 1.1 whereeas it does in 1.1.1 (the manifest is also giving you
implementation version)

Details of implementation vary with ...implementation (using reflection or
not to get the context classloader, MS VJ++ workaround, etc...), part of
this is in the beta of JDK 1.4

Alternatively you may want to use the system property jaxp.debug=whatyouwant
to figure out what's going on quickly. It will dump some info on System.out

View raw message