ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSE] Enhancements to <style> and <xmlvalidate> for 1.5
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 07:22:35 GMT
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Craeg K. Strong <cstrong@arielpartners.com>
wrote:

> First off, <style> and <xmlvalidate> could be upgraded to _only_
> support TraX.  I proposed this already for release 1.5 and it didn't
> seem too controversial.

I'm not sure whether this is a good idea, I'm afraid there is still a
bunch of people using Xalan1 or XSL:P (although I have no evidence for
it).  This is no veto, I'm just expressing an uneasy feeling.

> Secondly, we could add optional hooks for resolvers.

I'm fine with that - you could add warning messages in the Xalan1 and
XSL:P cases (or even throw in a different implementation if there is
one), that way we could retain the xalan1 and XSL:P processors.

> The implementation could use Class.forName() and make sure it is of
> the correct type.

Better use AntClassLoader to load the class - at least in the <style>
case with a nested <classpath> element.

Stefan