ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: conditional logic and making it nicely extensible
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:03:18 GMT
On Thu, 06 Sep 2001, Matt Denner <matt@evtechnology.com> wrote:

> i have written a couple of neat
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.condition.Condition derived classes:

Great, want to share them (especially the conditionwrapper stuff)?

> suddenly it dawned on me that what i really wanted was something
> that would allow me to execute different tasks based on a generic
> condition.

After hinting how I'd write an <if> task far too often, I've finally
created one, <http://jakarta.apache.org/~bodewig/IfTask.java>.  I
think this is what you are looking for.

Given our voting history, this task won't become part of Ant's core,
but I'm willing to maintain it until we have a repository of
contributed tasks.

I'll respond to the rest in a second post.

Stefan