ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with Style task and classloader
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:23:44 GMT
On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Daniel Hoppe <hoppe@sitewaerts.de> wrote:

> If I read the code correctly this is because although TraXLiaison is
> loaded with the ant classloader and build.sysclasspath is set to
> ignore, the call to isParentFirst in loadClass returns true - quite
> natural, it's in optional.jar, where else could it come from - so
> the whole JAXP stuff happening in TraxLiaison runs in the system
> classloader.

Sounds right to the point.

This is kind of a known problem with optional tasks that need external
jars and allow for a nested classpath element - <junit> has the same
problem if you want to include junit.jar in the tasks classpath
element instead of the system classpath for example.

What probably would work in your case: remove TraxLiaison from
optional.jar and include it in the classpath you specify for the task.

Stefan