ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Various problems running ant
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:23:09 GMT
On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Guillaume Rousse <> wrote:

> 1) crimson-1.1.2b2 build fails with ant 1.4 (works with ant 1.3)

This should be resolved by the latest nightly build (or the latest
version from the 1_4 cvs branch, which will probably become a 1.4.1

> 2) tomcat 3.2.3 compilation fails when jsse not in classpath

I think this can only be solved by the Tomcat people.

> Also, building with 1.4 stops when file copy task fails to find
> files, where 1.3 just continuated.

Yes, I think this is documented as an incompatible (and intended)
change between Ant 1.3 and 1.4.

> 3) xalan-j2-Dx javadocs fails with Sun JDK (works with IBM)
> "javadocs" target fails with this error message when using Sun JDK:
> [javadoc] javadoc: In doclet class xalanjdoc.Standard, method
> optionLength has thrown an exception
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException [javadoc]
> java.lang.Error: Fatal: Resource for javadoc doclets is missing:

This has been reported before - and I have no idea where the problem
stems from.  My first guess would be the xalan doclet.

View raw message