ant-dev mailing list archives

From Garrick Olson <Garrick.Ol...@Aceva.com>
Subject Anyone have a task that will wait until a weblogic server has sta rted?
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 01:50:35 GMT

I am currently doing something like:

<parallel>
    <wlstart ... />
    <sequential>
        <sleep seconds="360"/>
        <junit ... />
        <wlstop .... />
    </sequential>
</parallel>

The problem is that Weblogic takes a very unpredictable amount of time to
start due to JSP pre-compilation, etc.  If by chance the server has not
properly initialized in the specified amount of time, the wlstop will happen
too early and the build will hang indefinitely.  :(

I am looking for an alternative task that would look more like:

<parallel>
    <wlstart ... />
    <sequential>
        <pingserverportuntilitresponds url="http://localhost:7001"
timeout="1hr" />
        <junit ... />
        <wlstop .... />
    </sequential>
</parallel>

I seems like it would not be hard to write such a task, but if someone
already has one...  :)

Confidential Information. This email is for intended recipient only.