ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Craeg K. Strong" <cstr...@arielpartners.com>
Subject [PROPOSE] Enhancements to <style> and <xmlvalidate> for 1.5
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:57:42 GMT
For maximum flexibility in processing XML, I want to have all XML files
included/imported/refered to
specified via lookup tables.    That way you can map things like the
following:

"http://www.arielpartners.com/dtd/subordinate.dtd"  ==>
"c:\bar\subordinate.dtd"
"http://www.arielpartners.com/xslt/common-stuff.xsl"  ==>
 "/home/cstrong/my-environment/xsl/common-stuff.xsl"

To enable this, I would like to have a way of specifying a URIResolver
and/or EntityResolver for both
tasks that have to do with processing XML: <style> and <xmlvalidate>

JAXP provides an elegant way to do this:

For XSLT processing, one can specify:

- URIResolver,   via javax.xml.transform.Transformer.setURIResolver()

- SAXParserFactory,      via the property:
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory

For XML Parsing, one can specify:

- EntityResolver,      via  org.xml.sax.XMLReader.setEntityResolver()

OK, fine.  How?

First off, <style> and <xmlvalidate> could be upgraded to _only_ support
TraX.  I proposed this already
for release 1.5 and it didn't seem too controversial.

Secondly, we could add optional hooks for resolvers.   Here is one
possibility:

   destdir  = "/mumble"
   style = "/foo/bar/transformer.xsl"
  uriresolver = "com.arielpartners.ade.URIResolver"
  entityresolver = "com.arielpartners.ade.EntityResolver"/>

<xmlvalidate
    failonerror = "no"
    entityresolver = "com.arielpartners.ade.EntityResolver"/>

The implementation could use Class.forName() and make sure it is of the
correct type.

Thoughts?

--Craeg