ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: -projecthelp == no help ?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:53:27 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:50, Stefano Mancarella wrote:
> > > So maybe can we remove all the other cruft at end (subtarget listing) and
> > > some of the excessive whitespace? If not that can I create a new option
> > > (perhaps -usage or -projectusage) that does above?
> >
> > Perhaps the complete list of targets (including sub-targets) could be
> > obtained by using -projecthelp in conjuction with -verbose, without adding
> > a new option.
>
> Thats a better idea.

Agreed.  I have the same problem as you do (too many targets, even the ones with
descriptions).  I would ask that the default target still be shown in some
fashion, either the way it is now, or to do something like

Main targets:

  all ...
  check ...

Default target: all

That would probably be best, as its a short one liner sort of thing that won't
likely cause the screen to scroll badly.  It has the added advantage of
providing the information *after* the description of the target, which makes it
easier to read.

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.