ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: if/unless on fail??
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:36:45 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Couldn't spot the reason - can anyone enlighten me?
>
> "All tasks or no task" and "all tasks" has been rejected IIRC.
>
> Stefan

That was pretty much my position.  I agreed with the person who
was pushing for if/unless on fail that it would make life a lot
easier in the case of wanting to kill the build early if a
particular resource was missing.  My concern, howevere, was
opening up that slippery slope, so my -1.

That being said, I'm willing to conceed that if we get a
concensus vote on changing fail to have if/unless, I'll go along
with it.  Its an unusual enough situation that an exception can
be justified, and seeing as we "thought police" are vigorously on
the prowl, it shouldn't go any further. :-)

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.