ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhe...@impress.com>
Subject RE: status on antidote
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 09:16:51 GMT
Hi Craig!

>Greetings,
>
> I am curious about the status of the gui interface to ant
> - antidote?  I have been developing an automated build
> environment for serveral months before I was introduced
> to Ant.  The goal of my build envirnoment was to help the
> "non-developer" build >and maintain modules written by
> others.  In other words make it visual.  I have enjoyed
> Ant thouroghly and was investigating incorporating it
> into my application.  That is when I found out about
> Antidote.  However, I have noticed that it has not
> been updated recently.  Is there a way that I can
> work with the engineers to help move it along?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig Campbell

There are some reasons, that Antidote isn't ready, yet. One is, that it
seems, that the original developer Simeon Fitch has left us. Another reason
is that there has been a big discurrion regarding Ant 2.0 - The Ant API will
be incompatible to 1.x, so...

There are 2 more or less active Antidote committers: Nick Davis and I. If
you want to contribute: Feel free to. IMO there are just 10% needed to make
Antidote ready for a 1.0 version to run with Ant 1.4.

Greetings,
Chris