ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.4.1 Release
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:57:07 GMT

3836, IMHO is actually a bug - a harcoded port, I
consider, is equivalent to a hardcoded host ;-)

3024 may be addressed later as I agree it is an enhancement.

wrt 1550 - please checkout
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/io/File.html

Sun has started advertising getCanonicalPath as a way to
distinguish between symlinks and actual files/dirs.
Moreover, as I have commented in bugzilla, I have taken
care of Winows and Mac anyway.  I think this fix is a
good workaround (biased as I am), though it hasn't
been made popular yet - hope Ant does that ;-)  Anyway,
please give it a try and let me know what you think.

One day, I would love to see that bug list zapped :-)

Thanks,
Magesh