ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs GZip.java
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2001 02:54:44 GMT
On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:50, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> > From: donaldp@apache.org [mailto:donaldp@apache.org]
> >
> > donaldp     01/09/12 09:43:26
> >
> >   Modified:    .        WHATSNEW build.xml
> >                docs/manual/CoreTasks gzip.html
> >                src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs GZip.java
> >   Log:
> >   Oops I used the wrong convention!!!
> >
> >   This patch corrects it so that the old zipfile attribute is now tofile.
> >
> >   -* The attributes zipfile, jarfile, warfile and earfile (from
> > the Zip, Gzip, Jar,
> >   -  War and Ear tasks) have been deprecated and supersceded by a
> > new attribute "file".
> >   +* The attributes zipfile, jarfile, warfile and earfile (from the Zip,
> >   +  Jar, War and Ear tasks) have been deprecated and supersceded by a
> >   +  new attribute "file".
> >   +
> >   +* The attribute zipfile in GZip has been deprecated and supersceded
> >   +  by "tofile" attribute.
>
> -1
>
> I believe it should be just "file", not "tofile". Besides being cumbersome,
> it is inconsistent with zip, jar, etc.

Thats what I originally thought but then I realized that

<gzip src="X" zipfile="Y" />

is very similar in form to

<copy file="X" tofile="Y" />

And thus figured that zipfile should be tofile and src should be file. Like
that or still not ? ;)

> BTW, it should be "superseded".

oops.

--
Cheers,

Pete

    If your life passes before your eyes when you die,
 does that include the part where your life passes before
                        your eyes?